Monday, November 21, 2016

Today I am thankful for FAITH

Faith---

Not just wishful thinking or a hoping for

Not putting it in this world

But a pure confidence in claiming the promises of Jesus.

It's not about having MORE faith, but about putting my faith confidently in the right ONE.

Putting it in The One who never disappoints.

It's clinging to Jesus.

When all around me gives way, He then is all my hope and stay.

It's confidently hoping for the things unseen.  For eternity.  For the things that truly matter.


I am so thankful for faith.  For without it, my relationship would be so rule bound. So legalistic.  So robotic.  But Jesus has given us the opportunity to "make it our own."  To give us a free will to seek after Him.  To allow us to rebel, and question.  To trust in Him when nothing else makes sense.  To have confidence in Him when the circumstances around me seem to not make sense.


I am so thankful for the opportunities that stretch my faith.  For the questions, for the doubts, for the insecurities.  For it's in these fires that my faith is refined.  It's tested.  Hopefully it doesn't just come out stronger, but it comes out more confident in the one I put my faith in.

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful."
Hebrews 10:23



No comments:

Post a Comment