On this last day of 2012, I'd like to take a moment to reflect on some of the happenings of this year.
- What a joy she is in our lives! She didn't start walking until May of this year (around 21 months), but life got so much easier once she learned how to walk! All of the sudden, the whole world was at her fingertips!
- It has been so much fun to see her grow and develop. She has always had a lot of words, but now, she is stringing 4 and 5 words together to make sentences, and is really able to communicate with us!
- Some of her favorite things this year were camping, boating, spending time with grandparents and cousins. She also loves books, dolls, and most recently, playing with her nativity sets. She loves music, and sings and dances along to anything that has a beat!
- It is amazing to see the world through a 2-year-old's eyes. She points out things I have never really "seen before," and makes me stop and really see the world before me.
- She loves to "snuggle," rock, and read stories before bedtime, and her favorite movie right now is the Veggie Tale's "Esther" because she sings so much.
- I am really enjoying our time together because I know that will change as we add to our family!
- Ben has had the opportunity to take on a new job with Palouse Rive Rock. It is a growing family business that my dad, brother and grandpa started a few years ago. He is really enjoying the hands on experience and challenges that it brings.
- He also started his BKEngineering LLC and has been doing some contracting on the side.
- We found out in May that a new little one would be joining our family! There was much fear and trepidation as we entered this journey, as I have only had "stress" in relation to any of my pregnancies!
- It was a huge step of faith and we embarked, and I can say with a joyful, thankful heart that I will be 36 weeks this coming Friday, January 4th. My pregnancy has been pretty much "normal" up to this point, and I can only thank the Lord for that!
- We found out at Kayla's birthday celebration that our new addition would be a little sister, thanks to the pink heart inside Kayla's birthday cake!
- We can't wait to meet our sweet little "Minnie!"
- Ben and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary and our 30 year old milestone by taking a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico without Kayla. We spent a week there and really enjoyed ourselves!
- We bought a 5th Wheel RV Camper that is 18 years old! It is in almost-new condition, though, and we are excited for all the memories to be made in it!
- We took a trip out to Montana to throw Nadeen a 60th birthday party! We told them then that we were expecting! My dad also celebrated 60 years of life this summer!
- We always enjoy trips to Boise to visit dear friends.
- We found out we are going to be an aunt and uncle again as my brother and sister-in-law are adopting a sweet girl from China! We await her arrival in March of 2013!
- Summer days were filled with garden and yard work and spending time at the river camping and boating!
- We are still living in our cozy house in Pullman, and are working on moving Kayla upstairs to her "big girl room."
- We celebrated Christmas with my family by renting a beautiful home in Coeur d Alene Idaho for a week. Skiing, time at the water park, shopping, ping-pong, going to "The Hobbit," reading and entertaining kids were among the list of activities! The house was beautiful, and we had a beautiful view of the lake with snow on the trees. We even built some snowmen and the kids loved playing in the snow.
- We are very involved in our church as Ben is the head of the Trustee's board (that oversees all of the maintenance type issues) and I continue to serve on the Praise Team. We really enjoy being a part of such a wonderful family!
- We are a part of a small Bible Study group that meets once a week, and this fall, we hosted each Monday evening.
- I still sell Pampered Chef and enjoy the parties I get to do. I am also still making my hand crochet headbands, flowers, ear warmers and wrist bands. I just set up a business facebook page, so my goal is to figure out how to use it now! Check it out Kovanda Kreations!
- All of my four grandparents are still alive and in good health, and we enjoy spending time with them as much as we can!
- Having my brother and his family and my sister and her husband so close is such a blessing. We are always having get togethers for birthdays and other impromptu events! We are blessed to have so many baby sitters around as well!
Well, I know there was more to our year than that, but I think that about does it for now!
Blessings to you as we close down this year and being another one!