Thursday, February 24, 2011

Insomnia

This is the second night in a row I haven't been able to sleep. I wake up at 2am WIDE awake, ready for the day.

It's amazing how fast the time flies during the day-when there seems to never be enough hours in the day, and how slow time creeps in the middle of the night when you feel as if the rest of the world is sleeping.

I've got a bad cold again, and I'm exhausted from taking care of my sweet baby who has been sick/teething for over two weeks now. All I want is some sleep, and my body won't let me.

So after an hour of laying in bed, thinking of all the things I wanted to do today when the rest of the world wakes up, I decided I might as well get up and do some of them. Maybe now that my head is cleared, I can sleep?

It takes me back to my days in the hospital after my emergency surgery last year. I couldn't sleep then because of the medication, because of the pain, because of the worry. So thankful to be on this side of that. I will take this kind of insomnia over that any day!

I laugh as I remember taking a sleeping pill one night in the hospital. They really wanted me to get some sleep, so they gave me the whole pill. You can ask my husband, mom and sister what I was like the next day. A little on the weepy/crazy side. Note to self-never take a sleeping pill. ha!

Well, here's to maybe a couple more hours of sleep yet tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment