Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Declutter!

So I found a great 2012 Declutter and Organize Calendar from mysimplerlife.com/blog

In thinking about keeping things "simpler" this year, I really liked this calendar.  It gives you a task a day that can be done in a short amount of time.  By the end of the year, you have gotten through a log of projects you easily put off!

So I am going to re-blog some of her ideas, as well as incorporate some of my own.  I'm hoping to come up with my own version of a Simpler, Decluttered 2012 Calendar!

As I stated in my last post, don't let the "list" bog you down.  If you have some things that apply, and you would feel better if you prioritized them, then do it!  If not, let it go, and have a great day doing the things you alredy have planned! 

She has hers listed one a day, but I am going to chunk them into a week or two weeks worth of time.  I know that I won't always do the "one a day" approach, but might do a couple items on the list in one day, and then none for a couple. 

Anyway, take it as you wish, and happy Decluttering and Organizing your life!  :)

January 1-14
  • Set up a place to donate items you are getting rid of (either for goodwill or garage sale)
  • Pick a cabinet in your washroom/entry way and clean out just the top shelf or one drawer
  • Declutter the top of your kitchen cabinets and dust
  • Go through old spices to discard expired and old ones (and get some fresh ones from your PC consultant! ;) )
  • Organize your "can" shelf.  Make it workable-do what works for you!
  • Go through your freezer to let go of old, freezer burned food
  • Declutter and clean out your nightstand (and the top of it!)
  • Clean out under the bed
  • Throw out the junk in your junk drawer
  • Organize your junk drawer
  • Go through and declutter your island (if you have one)
Have a great, productive (or not!) few days!  Please don't feel like a failure if you don't make it through the "list." 

Oh, and make sure you prioritize time with God, your sweet little ones, and yourself!  (I'm speaking to myself on this one too!)

1 comment:

  1. Decluttering has already started here and will continue a lot faster when the flooring is in. Stayed tuned.....

    ReplyDelete