Friday, March 1, 2019

Grace Falling

The snow falls—covering the earth with a blanket of white sparkles. ❄️ Quietly falling, bringing hope. Yet, it interrupts our days and seems to sabotage our plans for the day. I didn’t plan on shoveling, the bad roads, or yelling at my kids 10 times to get their snow gear on so we can get out the door.

As it blankets the earth, there is nothing we can do to stop, adjust or change it. So if I stop and listen, I can hear the hope that falls with the glistening white. Do I allow it to fall and script a new, fresh pan for the day?

I hear God whisper to me, “Let this Hope fall around you today and let the interruption be a divine appointment, full of grace.”

Don’t all of our souls cry for hope? For those we love and for ourselves to rise from the ashes of despair that so easily weigh us down?

God whispers in the hope falling that He is enough. Let it blanket our souls. Yet, He also whispers an encouragement for us all to keep hoping. He will make all things bright and white again like the snow that falls.

Keep hoping for your prayers to be answered. For the sickness to heal. For hearts to be healed. For relationships to be restored. For truth to win. Keep hoping that each deposit in this life now has eternal significance.

Our world is a loud place. I am thankful for the snow that helps me find the quiet spaces that fill our hearts with hope. ❄️







Have a beautiful, hope-filled day!

36 inches of snow in February!  Second most on record ever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment